The ITUC-AP carried out a survey from 26 February to 5 April 2019 to measure the impact and the implementation process of the Bali Declaration, which was adopted at the 16th Asia and the Pacific Regional Meeting (APRM) of the International Labour Organization (ILO) held in Bali, Indonesia, on 9 December 2016.
The ITUC-AP report measures the actions taken by the affiliated organisations in the region; review the policies adopted by Governments and the support provided by the ILO in the implementation. The recommendations arising out of the survey are:
(1) Greater awareness about the Bali Declaration;
(2) Improving tripartism and social dialogue;
(3) Specific strategies for selected priorities;
(4) Strengthening ILO capacity building programmes for trade unions; and
(5) Strengthening convergence of the ILO and trade union agendas.
The report will be used by the ITUC-AP to inform the ILO of the implementation by the unions and suggest ways to improve ILO interventions in order that the priorities as outlined in the Declaration are fully implemented before the next APRM scheduled in 2020.